Father-daughter wedding dances are a time-honored tradition. They are a chance for the father and daughter to share a special moment, surrounded by friends and family.
If you’re looking for the perfect song to play at your father-daughter dance, look no further.
This blog post will list more than 200 of the best father-daughter wedding dance songs ever recorded.
215 Best Father Daughter Wedding Dance Songs
The father-daughter dance is an experience where they share many special moments. To make it more special, we recommend only using unique songs for this stage of your event.
Our experts have put together an awesome playlist that’ll serenade them into blissful happiness.
- “Butterfly Kisses” by Bob Carlisle
- Fathers & Daughters” by Boyce Avenue
- “I Do It for You” by Bryan Adams
- “Because You Loved Me” by Celine Dion
- “The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face” by Roberta Flack
- “You Raise Me Up” by Josh Groban
- “Cinderella” by Steven Curtis Chapman
- “I Loved Her First” by Heartland
- “Sunrise, Sunset” from Fiddler on the Roof
- “Daddy’s Hands” by Holly Dunn
- “Don’t Blink” by Kenny Chesney
- “Oh, How the Years Go By” by Amy Grant
- “A Song for My Son” by Mikki Viereck
Classical Songs for a Father-Daughter Dance
What do you get when dad and daughter dance together?
A beautiful memory that will last forever. It’s the perfect way for fathers/ sons alike to show their love while showing off some new moves too.
- “Canon in D Major” by Johann Pachelbel
- “The Swan” by Camille Saint-Saens
- “Ave Maria” by Franz Schubert
- “Air on the G String” by Johann Sebastian Bach
- “Allegro Maestoso from the Suite from Water Music” by G. F. Handel
- “Trumpet Voluntary” by Jeremiah Clarke
- “The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba” by George Frideric Handel
- “Bridal Chorus” by Richard Wagner
- “Pomp and Circumstance March No.1” by Edward Elgar
- “The Four Seasons: Winter” by Antonio Vivaldi
- “Serenade for Strings in C Major, Op. 48” by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- “Waltz of the Flowers” by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- “The Lark Ascending” by Ralph Vaughan Williams
- “Pie Jesu from Requiem, Op. 48” by Gabriel Fauré
- “Concerto for Violin, String and Harpsichord in C, R.190” by Antonio Vivaldi
- “Gavotte” from Mignon by Ambroise Thomas
- “Lullaby” by Johannes Brahms
- “The Trout” by Franz Schubert
- “Liebeslieder Waltzes, Op. 52” by Johannes Brahms
- “Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy” by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- “The Blue Danube Waltz” by Johann Strauss II
- “Trepak” by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- “Procession of the Nobles” by Modest Mussorgsky
- “The Moldau” by Bedrich Smetana
- “Prelude in C-sharp Minor” by Sergei Rachmaninoff
- “Wedding March” by Richard Wagner
- “Carnival of the Animals: The Swan” by Camille Saint-Saens
- “Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini” by Sergei Rachmaninoff
- “Claire de Lune” by Claude Debussy
Country Songs for a Father-Daughter Dance
There is no better way than with a country song when it comes to the father-daughter dance.
And if you’re having your wedding outside on a farm or something rustic-inspired; you will love these awesome tunes about life in general.
- “My Little Girl” by Tim McGraw
- “In My Daughter’s Eyes” by Martina McBride
- “She’s in Love With the Boy” by Trisha Yearwood
- “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra
- “I’ll Always Love My Mama” by The Intruders
- “Just the Way You Are” by Billy Joel
- “Through the Years” by Kenny Rogers
- “Having My Baby” by Paul Anka
- “A Thousand Miles” by Vanessa Carlton
- “Butterfly Kisses” by Bob Carlisle
- “From This Moment On” by Shania Twain
- “I Cross My Heart” by George Strait
- “The Wedding Song” by Paul Stookey
- “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong
- “As Time Goes By” by Dooley Wilson
- “The Best Day” by Taylor Swift
Indie Songs for a Father-Daughter Dance
What better way to celebrate the daughter you’ve always wanted than with some indie tunes?
The words and rhythms of these father-daughter dancing tunes are well-known.
- “The Only One” by The Black Keys
- “I Will Follow You Into the Dark” by Death Cab by Cutie
- “Grow Old With Me” by Tom Odell
- “I Will Be” by The Maine
- “Don’t Look Back in Anger” by Oasis
- “There She Goes” – The LAs
- “Into the West” by Annie Lennox
- “Bittersweet Symphony” by The Verve
- “Iris” by The Goo Goo Dolls
- “Santeria” by Sublime
- “Wonderwall” by Oasis
- “Changes” – Ozzy Osbourne & Kelly Osbourne
- “(What’s So Funny ‘Bout) Peace, Love, and Understanding?” by Elvis Costello
- “Country Roads” by John Denver
- “Lean on Me” by Bill Withers
- “Here Comes the Sun” by The Beatles
- “All You Need Is Love” by The Beatles
- “Father and Daughter” by Paul Simon
- “With or Without You” by U
- “Times Like These” by Foo Fighters
- “Landslide” by Fleetwood Mac
- “The Weight” by The Band
- “Sweet Home Alabama” by Lynyrd Skynyrd
- “A Song for My Daughter” by Ray Allaire
Rock Songs for a Father-Daughter Dance
There’s something about the sound of guitars and drums that resonates with daughters, making them feel secure in their relationship with dad while also feeling free at the same time.
- “Jumpin’ Jack Flash” by The Rolling Stones
- “Livin’ on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi
- The Time of My Life” by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes
- “We Will Rock You” by Queen
- “Sweet Child O’ Mine” by Guns N’ Roses
- “Another One Bites the Dust” by Queen
- “Crazy Train” by Ozzy Osbourne
- “You Give Love a Bad Name” by Bon Jovi
- “Paradise City” by Guns N’ Roses
- “I’m a Slave for You” by Britney Spears
- “You’re My Best Friend” – Queen
- “The Final Countdown” by Europe
- “Back in Black” by AC/DC
- “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor
- “Welcome to the Jungle” by Guns N’ Roses
- “Carry on Wayward Son” by Kansas
- “Pour Some Sugar on Me” by Def Leppard
- “Here I Go Again” by Whitesnake
- “Satisfaction” by The Rolling Stones
- “I Love It Loud” by Kiss
- “We’re Not Gonna Take It” by Twisted Sister
- “Hit Me With Your Best Shot” by Pat Benatar
- “Wanted Dead or Alive” by Bon Jovi
- “I Wanna Rock” by Twisted Sister
- “Walk This Way” by Aerosmith
- “Any Way You Want It” by Journey
- “I Love Rock N Roll” by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
- “We Are the Champions” by Queen
- “Rock and Roll All Nite” by Kiss
- “Start Me Up” by The Rolling Stones
- “I Won’t Back Down” by Tom Petty
- “Don’t Stop Believin'” by Journey
- “Proud Mary” by Ike and Tina Turner
- “You Shook Me All Night Long” by AC/DC
- “A Song for You” by Ray Charles
- “Daddy’s Little Girl” by Michael Bublé
- “Daughters” by John Mayer
- “…You Are the Sky I Fly Into Forever, and Ever, and Ever…” from the movie How to Train Your Dragon
- “God Bless the Child” by Billie Holiday
- “Have I Told You Lately That I Love You?” by Van Morrison
- “Hero” by Mariah Carey
- “I Will Always Love My Mama” by The Intruders
- “I Won’t Last a Day Without You” by Paul Williams
- “In the Arms of an Angel” by Sarah McLachlan
- “Just the Two of Us” by Bill Withers
- “Never Grow Up” by Taylor Swift
- “Oh, How the Years Go By” by Vanessa Williams
- “Only You (And You Alone)” by The Platters
- “PS I Love You” by The Beatles
- “Right Here Waiting” by Richard Marx
- “Beautiful” by Mariah Carey ft. Miguel
- “She’s Always a Woman” by Billy Joel
- “Sweet Child o’ Mine” Guns N Roses
- “Time After Time” by Cyndi Lauper
- “To Sir, with Love” by Lulu
- “Turn Around” by Harry Belafonte
- “Unforgettable” by Nat King Cole
- “We Are Family” by Sister Sledge
- “Wonderful Tonight” by Eric Clapton
- “You Are So Beautiful” by Joe Cocker
- “You’re the Inspiration” by Chicago
- “Your Song” by Elton John
- “100 Years” by Five for Fighting
- “All I Have to Give” by The Backstreet Boys
- “Always Be My Baby” by Mariah Carey
- “Because You Loved Me” by Celine Dion
- “Blank Space” by Taylor Swift
- “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” by Queen
- “Can’t Help Falling in Love” by Elvis Presley
- “My Girl” by The Temptations
- “She’s a Rainbow” by The Rolling Stones
- “Here Comes My Girl” by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
- “I’ll Be” by Edwin McCain
- “You Are the Sunshine of My Life” by Stevie Wonder
- “Daddy’s Little Girl” by Al Martino
- “Falling in Love with You” by Elvis Presley
- “Sweet Pea” by Amos Lee
- Wind Beneath My Wings” by Bette Midler
- “I Hope You Dance” by Lee Ann Womack
- “Just the Way You Are” by Bruno Mars
- “Beautiful Boy” by John Lennon
- “Bless the Broken Road” by Rascal Flatts
- “Dream a Little Dream of Me” by The Mamas & the Papas
- “Forever Young” by Bob Dylan
- “Give a Little Bit” by Supertramp
- “I Can’t Help Falling in Love With You” by Elvis Presley
- “I Saw Her Standing There” by The Beatles
- “Isn’t She Lovely?” by Stevie Wonder
- “Count On Me” – Bruno Mars
- “Kiss from a Rose” by Seal
- “You’ve Got A Friend In Me” – Lauryn Evans
- “L-O-V-E” by Nat King Cole
- “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts
- “Oh, Pretty Woman” by Roy Orbison
- “Part of Your World” from The Little Mermaid
- “Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours” by Stevie Wonder
- “Smile” by Nat King Cole
- “The Luckiest” by Ben Folds
- “Times of Your Life” by Paul Anka
- “Unforgettable” by Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole
- “You Are So Beautiful” by Joe Cocker
- “You’re the One That I Want” from Grease
Slow Motion Songs for a Father-Daughter Dance
- “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri
- “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston
- “Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison
- “Stand By Me” by Ben E. King
- “Hallelujah” by Jeff Buckley
- “Simple Man” by Lynyrd Skynyrd
Upbeat Father-Daughter Wedding Dance Songs
Upbeat dance songs will make it just that much more fun for the father and daughter who are tired of being emotional on their special day.
Play fast-paced tunes with thumping drums or soft guitar strums to get your feet moving.
- “Can’t Stop the Feeling” by Justin Timberlake
- “The “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” by Whitney Houston
- “Dance” by Garth Brooks
- “Better Together” by Jack Johnson
- “Come Away With Me” by Norah Jones
- “Counting Stars” by OneRepublic
- “Crash Into Me” by Dave Matthews Band
- “Faithfully” by Journey
- “First Day of My Life” by Bright Eyes
- “Forever Young” by Rod Stewart
- “Give Me One Reason” by Tracy Chapman
- “Hallelujah” I Heard Her Voice” by Jeff Buckley
- “Hey, Soul Sister” by Train
- “I Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing” by Aerosmith
- “Isn’t She Lovely” by Stevie Wonder
- “(Love Me Tender)” by Elvis Presley
- “Marry Me” by Train
- “My Father’s Eyes” by Eric Clapton
- “Papa Was a Rolling Stone” by The Temptations
- “Rock Around the Clock” by Bill Haley and His Comets
- “She’s Like the Wind” by Patrick Swayze
- “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond
- “When I’m 64” by The Beatles
- “You’ve Got a Friend” by James Taylor
- “Young Girl” by Gary Puckett and the Union Gap
How to Pick the Perfect Father Daughter Wedding Dance Song
When choosing the perfect song for your father-daughter dance, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
- Consider the type of relationship you have with your father.
Is it a close and loving relationship? Or is it more distant? The song you choose should reflect the type of relationship with your father.
If you’re close with your father, you may want to choose a sentimental and emotional song. If your relationship is more distant, you may want to choose light-hearted and fun music.
- Consider the overall tone of your wedding.
Is it a formal affair? Or is it more relaxed? The song you choose should match the tone of your wedding.
If you’re having a formal wedding, you may want to choose a classic ballad like “My Father’s Eyes” by Eric Clapton.
If you’re having a more relaxed wedding, you may want to choose a contemporary song like “Daddy Dance With Me” by Lonestar.
Tips for Practicing Your Father Daughter Wedding Dance
- Start by learning the basic steps of the dance. This will help ensure that you look graceful and polished on the big day.
- Practice in front of a mirror so you can see how you look and make any necessary adjustments.
- If possible, practice with your father a few times before the big day. This will help you get comfortable dancing together and ensure that you’re both on the same page come wedding day.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Picks the Father-Daughter Dance Song at a Wedding?
The bride is in charge of picking out a particular song for the father-daughter dance at her wedding reception.
This is an opportunity to show how much she cares about him and his generation, providing them with some good memories before they leave on their journey into marriage.
What Is the Traditional Father-Daughter Dance?
The Dad Dance. It’s a special moment during joyous events like weddings and birthdays when daughters show gratitude for all that fathers have done.
Whether you had a fantastic role model or not, this one will always be sure to make your heart happy with love.
Father-daughter wedding dances are a cherished tradition, and the perfect song can make your dance unforgettable.
Whether you’re looking for something classic or want to add a modern twist, we’ve got you covered.